Invisalign® is a series of custom-made aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of plastic that is comfortable, smooth, and virtually invisible. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Drs. Li and Nguyen to see if Invisalign in San Diego, California, is right for you.
Invisalign can be used to correct:
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far forward of the lower teeth. This is caused by genetics, poor oral habits, or overdevelopment of the upper jaw.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the upper teeth sit behind the lower teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
– Open bite: In an open bite, some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth. This is caused by an abnormal jaw structure or thumb-sucking.
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit as they should. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Crossbite: A crossbite may happen if both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and sides of the mouth.
Feel free to contact San Diego Orthodontic Specialists today to learn more and to schedule a consultation with our orthodontists. We look forward to getting to know you and helping you reach your dream smile!