Retainers can be a powerful aid when it comes to persevering the alignment of your teeth. In fact, after braces are removed, retainers are often needed at night to keep your teeth in the correct place. Retainers are not braces. Retainers are an appliance that only helps hold your teeth in the position they need to be in for optimum oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. David Li, offers retainers to help you after orthodontic treatment. That is why our team at San Diego Orthodontic Specialists in San Diego, California, is happy to share some information with you on the power of retainers.
Here are some fundamentals on retainers:
– Oftentimes, it is wise to keep your retainers in overnight.
– Because your straight teeth will be easier to clean thanks to your retainer, you’ll be less likely to suffer from oral health risks.
– If you or a loved one is suffering from a speech impediment, retainers may be able to help.
– Retainers can help lower your risk for sleep issues, as they can help open your airway while you sleep.
– To help straighten your teeth, retainers can be applied after your braces are removed.
– Retainers are especially helpful to offset issues with poor oral hygiene and can even be used to help navigate risks associated with diabetes.
If you need help with your retainer, or if you need a new one, please call us today at 858-487-8900 to make an appointment. Our friendly team of experts is always happy to help you with your questions and concerns.